Razor Red Noise is now on Spotify – click the link above to follow if you’re a Spotify user! All seven full albums are available to stream on the service, including August’s THE PARALLEL.
In Viridian’s 6th album, Six Skies Apart, is now out on Bandcamp. Six Skies Apart heralds a return to double-digit track-listings for In Viridian, with the album consisting of more than thirty minutes of brand-new instrumental music.
All full downloads of the album include two bonus tracks – “Wait Out The Storm” and “Limits” – and a digital booklet with insight into the production of the album.
Thanks for the support and enjoy the album.
After much deliberation, congratulations to the following individuals whose artwork I’ll be using for the “Derelicts” single:
Main artwork: Kamil Bouaka
Instrumental artwork: Elliott Finn
Acappella artwork: Josef Huth
Thanks again everybody for all the submissions to the contest – even though I got to pick three, it was still a really difficult decision to make given the talent on show and I’m so happy so many people decided to enter. It was also great to see the sheer variety in the artwork, from drawings to photos to all sorts of digital art. I know it’s difficult to come up with artwork for something when you don’t have a detailed brief to work from, but you all rose to the challenge and I deeply appreciate the effort put into all the entries.
To those three I’ll be e-mailing out download codes for the three-track single as soon as it’s released later this week – more info on that TBA. Very much looking forward to getting the song and video finally released, and I hope you’ll all like it. Thanks all, again.
The last contest I did was a cover contest years ago – it’s about time for something new! This one’s an artwork contest, for my next single: “Derelicts“. What follows are the full guidelines for the contest. As submissions are coming in, I’m adding them to a gallery here on the site. Have fun!
“Derelicts” Artwork Contest Guidelines:
1. To submit artwork, e-mail it to alex (AT) razorrednoise (DOT) com with the subject line “Artwork Contest”. You can attach it to the e-mail, or include a link, whichever is easier.
2. You must own the copyright and commercial-use rights to the submitted artwork, in other words it must be your own work!
3. For best results, the artwork should be square and 1000 x 1000 pixels in size or above. Generally, anything up to 1600 x 1600 will be OK, and if you submit something I really like that’s not a square, I can crop it later if I choose your submission.
4. It’s up to you whether you put text (specifically “Razor Red Noise” and “Derelicts”) on the artwork or not – if you don’t and I choose your submission, I’ll simply add it myself. If you do add it, make sure it’s only the artist name and song title. You may submit a version with text and a version without text together.
5. The contest will end at 11:59PM GMT on Sunday 24th March.
6. The winner will see their artwork used as cover art for the “Derelicts” single on iTunes, Amazon and Bandcamp. Two runners-up will see their artwork used on the instrumental and acappella versions of the song on Bandcamp. All three whose artwork is used will receive a download code for the 3-track Bandcamp single, and will be credited for the use of their artwork alongside the single on Bandcamp.
7. All submissions will be displayed together in a gallery on razorrednoise.com. If you don’t want your name to appear with your artwork, let me know when you e-mail it to me.
8. Only one submission per person, please!
In submitting an image for inclusion in the contest, you certify that the image is your own work and you own the commercial-use rights to it. You give me (Alex McMillan) full permission to use the image in any capacity (commercial or otherwise) related to the distribution of Razor Red Noise music, and as such I may upload the image as cover artwork on platforms where said music is to be sold. On platforms where it is provisioned for (e.g. Bandcamp), you will be credited as the creator of the artwork if yours is used. Have fun and good luck!
New Razor Red Noise single “In This Void” is now available on Bandcamp, iTunes and Amazon! Just hit Music Store in the menu above or click here to go to the single. Only on Bandcamp is a special 3-track version of the single which includes instrumental and acappella versions of the song. Hope you enjoy it, and let me know what you think via Facebook or Twitter!